Autor Thema: Translated news: September 2004  (Gelesen 8661 mal)

Offline Kreuvf

• Administrator
  • Held
    • https://kreuvf.de/
Translated news: September 2004
« am: 2004-10-02, 19:14:56 »
7th September

Today BotmanGT finished the map #3 for the coming Warzone2100.de-tournament.

The map consists of many smaller and four big islands, on which are placed the players' bases. Water battles and VTOL-fights won't be uncommon on this map and through the lovingly design you'll play this map for hours.

UPDATE:

Within in the framework of the tournament the Warzone2120-Map 'Special Urban Battle' has been released in an extra tournament-version.

Map-Download: BT-X-4-Player
Map-Download: Filigree Isles
Map-Download: S.U.B. - Turnierversion
Bei Problemen immer WZ-Version, Betriebssystem, Prozessor + Architektur, Treiberversionen der Grafiktreiber und Grafikkarte angeben. RAM und Mainboard dürften selten wichtig sein.
Kein Privatsupport, PMs werden ignoriert.

Offline Kreuvf

• Administrator
  • Held
« Antwort #1 am: 2004-10-02, 19:44:53 »
9th September

Yes, it is done. I have the honor to announce, that the long expected move is completed finally.

As mentioned in the previous news [regarding the move (translation can be found directly in news)] many things on our site will change - and it will turn to good account only.

If you have any suggestions for the site, just post it here in the English sub-forum.
Bei Problemen immer WZ-Version, Betriebssystem, Prozessor + Architektur, Treiberversionen der Grafiktreiber und Grafikkarte angeben. RAM und Mainboard dürften selten wichtig sein.

Offline Kreuvf

• Administrator
  • Held
« Antwort #2 am: 2004-10-02, 19:51:11 »
9th September

Some weeks ago Pivotal Games (former Pumpkin Studios) has been permitted to publish the source code of Warzone2100.

There are no news on official site, because they keep this news for their new design.

Source: bluesnews.com

Offline Kreuvf

• Administrator
  • Held
« Antwort #3 am: 2004-10-02, 20:00:48 »
10th September

So, after several back and forth and a back-up here and there ;)
We finally made it to update the board.

The version now is up-to-date and the attachment mod is installed as well (also up-to-date).

And you can go on posting.
By the way: the board now has another URL.
But it doesnt matter if you are still using the old one, cause i set up a redirect. :D

http://www.warzone2100.de/board/index.php

Offline Kreuvf

• Administrator
  • Held
« Antwort #4 am: 2004-10-02, 20:03:37 »
11th September

Directly and uncut. Here it is: the interview with Niker from the czech site about his new version of KMS.

Kreuvf: What is KMS and what are the capabilities of it?
Niker: KMS has it's name from original idea of KICK Mod Switcher - it used to be little programme to switch between mods stored as individual files or "modules"
Kreuvf: So it seems that this program is similar to WarzoneStarter.

Kreuvf: What are the differences?
Niker: The main difference between WZS and KMS are that user of Warzone Starter need to have at least basic knowledge about warzone engine, .WDG file depencies and AI compatibility. User can simply decide which .WDG files to use and select any available AI separately for each player. KMS2 works completely differently.
Niker: As I already said, KMS2 lack the two key features of Warzone Starter, ability to select any WDG file and any AI/rules. All necessary information about selected AI, mod .WDG, rules files and everything else are stored inside KMS module along with all required files. This basically means that KMS2 module contains pre-defined mod with pre-selected AI and support files, anyone may install such a mod without any knowledge about Warzone with just a push of a button.

Kreuvf: So it's only one file?
Niker: When a you want to download a KMS2 mod, you really only need to download one .exe file. However, this .exe file is just a self-extracting archive. You have to run it and extract the content directly to your WZ folder (eg. c:warzone). The installer will extract a module to KMS2-MODS subfolder so KMS2 programme can see and use the module. Experienced players may also modify the mod files in KMS2-MODS folder.

Kreuvf: That's great. I bet this tool is one of the most beginner-friendly programs ever. Now tell me: Will there be new versions in future?
Niker: It's maybe two months since version 2.0 was released and I descovered only three bugs which were fixed in 2.1, so KMS2 is even now very reliable tool. But of course there will be new versions with new features in the future.

Kreuvf: Are there any features left you want to add for future releases?
Niker: The main feature I'd like to add is the BecomePrey Modifier module which should easily create custom AI based on latest BecomePrey. All other ideas were already implemented in 2.0 version.

Kreuvf: And what is the feature you are most proud of in the current version of KMS?
Niker: I'm most proud about four revolutionar features - Self Test (that assures trouble-free work of KMS2), Dir Walker Module (that can detect basically any mod incompatibility and fix it), BOT Rules support (module that can change game rules like starting power and number of allies-BOTs) and support for BackDrops (main menu backgrounds)

Kreuvf: BOT Rules? What are BOTS?
Niker: :) ... shortly - BOTs are computer players assigned to be your companions and to help you against another players. This feature is fully supported only by BecomePrey AI (v2.10+). As I said, KMS2 can modify rules files and specify how many BOTs will be on your side.

Kreuvf: And now an important question, especially for WZS-users: Can you use KMS and WarzoneStarter in one warzone-installation?
Niker: Using both KMS2 and WZS tools is the best compromise between reliability and number of features. Unlike version 1.x, KMS2 has beed designed to work along with WZS in one WZ folder. But to prevent unexpected behaviour, it's recommended to unload KMS2 module before using WZS. Just because WZS can't detect incompatibility between AI and mod .WDG
Kreuvf: This is a good news.

Kreuvf: Where can KMS be found?
Niker: You can download latest KMS2.1 version at http://warzone2100.wz.cz. Standard instalation includes support for 1.11 update (so you only need 1.10 patch), latest P-U-R-E 1.11 patch, original 1.10 AI and original 1.10 BackDrop theme.

Kreuvf: How can I create a module?
Niker: Good, KMS2 includes also this feature. Just click "Create new KMS2-module" and you may create module with own AI, rules, BackDrop and up to 8 WDG files (so you may include also some maps etc.). All features in creator window are "tooltip sensitive", so there's alot of help. Once you click COMPILE button, KMS2 will give you further instruction. Then you only need to copy your WDGs and AI files to specified folder and create an SFX archive.
Kreuvf: That's all? Compared to the old way you are about 10 times faster I suppose.
Niker: In old way you had to compile GUIDE FILE (the brain of whole module) by hand. KMS2 will create GUIDE FILE and all directories automatically. And what's important, you may also create module with only few things (e.g only AI or only BackDrop), there's also switch between 1.10, 1.11 or P-U-R-E 1.11.
Kreuvf: Sounds great to me. I'm going to download the new version directly after this interview. But before...

Kreuvf: Is there anything left you want to tell the Warzone2100.de-community?
Niker: I'd like to see more users using KMS2, but I'm afraid that first we need some modders to create modules. Right now, only available modules are latest BecomePrey for 1.11, K-I-C-K 1.13 RC3, K-I-C-K_ALL_IN_ONE (module with all previous versions) , LiveOrDie mod and K-I-C-K 1.12 BackDrop theme.
Kreuvf: Ok, thank you for the interview, Niker.
Niker: I thank you
Niker: goodbye

German translation
Czech site

Offline Kreuvf

• Administrator
  • Held
« Antwort #5 am: 2004-10-02, 20:13:19 »
12th September

Today BotmanGT released the brand-new and most complete version of his MapPrinter.

One of the most important new features is the possibility to create different prints. So you can print the heightmap (as you know it from the HeightMapEditor), a 3D-Map and even a topographic map (you should know this kind of map from your atlas).

A more detailed description can be found at the download center (description in german by now).

UPDATE: In version 1.2.1 an error with the topographic map has been fixed, which made the right and bottom of the map ugly.

Download the Warzone2100 MapPrinter
English language.ini

Offline Kreuvf

• Administrator
  • Held
« Antwort #6 am: 2004-10-02, 20:18:26 »
13th September

Filled with joy I am pleased to present you a new template for our board.

It's been completely done by me using the subSilver-template. After I did some fine-tuning today, I really can recommend you using this template.

It has become the standard-template for the board now.

Offline Kreuvf

• Administrator
  • Held
« Antwort #7 am: 2004-10-02, 20:25:50 »
26th September

We got three brand-new features.
I'll begin with the smallest feature.

1. Download Center: Broken Link-button beneath downloads.
What it is good for?
Easy: With only one click, you send an E-Mail to us and we care about repairing the download.
More work for us and more service for you!

2. Download Center: Comment-function
Now you can comment downloads (similar to news).
So you can share information about certain downloads or you can tell everybody which map you like and which you dislike.

3. Board: Games collection / mini-games / highscore
We installed the Arcade Mod for the board.
You now can play games on our board (so-called Mini-games).
Pretty cool is, that there is an online highscore-list, so you can measure with others.
(If you are NOT logged in, or not registered, you'll see one game only. But we got MANY more.)

So, have fun.

Download Center
Board Games