Autor Thema: Hello  (Gelesen 4854 mal)

Offline RBL-4NiK8r

• Geübter
    • http://www.pumpkin-2.co.uk/
Hello
« am: 2003-04-27, 00:13:32 »
Well I saw Speedys post about AIBoost-Mod 1.7 at the P-2 site and I figured I would look it over and join your site to see whats going on over here. As it is I am sorry I didnt know about the first few copy of it, because i would have looked them over to.

Also Speedy Not sure if you have kept up on things, but 1.12 is in the works and comming along very good, from what i see here you have a knack for the AI and its scripting, and we could use someone to do that work on 1.12 if you have the time to do work on something like that let me know.

Thanks 4nE

Offline speedy

• Spezialist
    • http://www.wz2100.de
Hello
« Antwort #1 am: 2003-04-27, 00:24:03 »
hello RBL,
nice to see one from the "old" NEWST group her!
1.12 is on the run, yes I've read about that, and I'm looking forward to see any changes you make to this very anticipated addon to the warzone game.
You need someone for AI-Skripting ? what exactly are you planning ? An allover new AI, some map integrated AI or tweeking of existing AIs ?

bye
speedy
here AI . . . . . . . . .  Humans
boosted . . . . . . . . . loosing...

Offline RBL-4NiK8r

• Geübter
    • http://www.pumpkin-2.co.uk/
Hello
« Antwort #2 am: 2003-04-28, 04:31:20 »
Well as it stands now its going to need a new AI something that will use the new weapons and deal with the new tech tree, because as it is right now only the 1.10 AI will work with the 1.12 betas because some of the things have either been changed or taken out, that some of the AI's maybe looking for. I really cant go into to much detail about that right now in here because a lot of the changes are not out to the public just yet.

I dont think it would be that hard to bring some of the AI's up to date and if Troman was still around this is something i am sure he would do, but as it was we lost him to the Army last year, and its not known when or if he will be back anytime soon. Now work on 1.12 has gone on and its comming close to a public beta something that i am trying to push for end of June or beinging of July for this, but a lot of that depends if we run into anymore problem like we did last year. I will say this much the last beta was very stable and tho a few things made it crash over all it was a big step up from the last build.

As for adding a AI to a map thats up to you i have a few maps that could use this done to, but it was not something people we had in the past liked to do, and i cant say i really met anyone that even liked that idea much. I am a map maker, tho i understand how the AI works for the most part and what it can and cant do, it would take me a long time to do any scripting to them. I did add some work to The Web but i had a lot of help from Maynard at the time with the AI and he left soon after that was done.

Strata could do some AI work if need be, but most of his time right now is spent on getting 1.12 to work and WZCK. My overall goal was to get 1.12 ready for multiplayer use first and then worry about the AI for it 2nd. But with seeing what this group has done so far I was hoping if we worked together maybe we could get both 1.12 and working AI's for it done around the same time or close to it. Right now most of the new weapons to be added are in it, and tho there maybe some tweaks to them thats not going to change that much, as for bodys there are still 4 bodys being made and I hope they make the next build along with the last 2 weapons to be added to this, and then its only balance and bug fixes.

Thanks 4nE